Are you interested in “Life Changing Innovation”? As with Thomas Edison, we have a history of working with the world’s greatest innovators. We solve our customers’ most complex problems that others can’t or won’t. Collaboration, Innovative Spirit and Career Development are just a few of the reasons world class professionals choose Corning Incorporated for a career.
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
Our Optical Communications segment has recently evolved from being a manufacturer of optical fiber and cable, hardware and equipment to being a comprehensive provider of industry-leading optical solutions across the broader communications industry.
Scope of Position:
- This person will examine optical communications trends and emerging system technologies to determine overall market needs. He or she will work with customers, partners and all component of the telecommunication ecosystem to gain deep understanding of the future technology and market trends.
- He or she will also interact with market development organizations, product line management (PLM) and strategy groups to serve as the technical expert to support various Corning Optical Communications (COC) initiatives and strategy development.
- The person will be assisting technical groups involved in Stage I, II and III Innovation projects to develop value proposition of the solutions that are being developed, set clear targets for the most valuable attributes of the solution and communicate solution’s value to external customers. He or she may need to lead communications with partners and supply chain players to insure commercial success of Corning solution.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Deep understanding of existing COC product portfolio (emphasis on optical products and solutions) and diverse application spaces that this portfolio serves.
- Understanding market and user trends in the optical communication industry
- Develop relationships with end users and system houses to guide technology development efforts. Leverage these relationships as prototypes and product concepts are developed to evaluate and provide feedback.
- Develop value propositions for existing and new optical solutions
- Use Corning’s Innovation Process to ensure appropriate levels of market understanding that are included in Stage I-III Innovation projects.
Up to 35% domestic & international travel
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
Job Location – Charlotte Area, NC or Corning, NY with typical Corning work hours requirements