Domaille Engineering, an ultra-precision design and manufacturing company, is accepting
resumes/applications for a Product Manager position.
Assist in the improvement of existing product and development of new product determined by
market research, competitive analysis, and customer needs. Serve as trusted advisor to customers
by focusing on and offering solutions for unmet needs. Travel (20-30%) in support of on-site
core customer visits as well as supporting distributors. Grow Optical Product market share.
Serve as voice of the customer inside Domaille. Offer recommendations for product pricing.
Provide input for marketing efforts – both written and oral.
Managing product throughout the product life cycle. Gathering and prioritizing product and
Blend of business and technical skills.
Key role is strategic rather than tactical.
Provide input for go-to-market strategy, key benefits and target customer needs.
On-going visits to existing customer as well as potential new customers
International travel required.
Broad fiber optic knowledge is preferred.
- Customer Management:
- Build and maintain customer relationships. Provide timely and appropriate communication to customer regarding their needs.
- Identify accurately the needs of the customer and provide an oral or written proposal or solution.
- Project Management:
- Manage product inventory to schedule or build plan through interaction with Manufacturing Manager.
- Based upon inventory, set priorities for build schedule to be able to meet customer demand.
- Identify and communicate to management the team, equipment and capabilities required to meet product demand, including any required outside resources that may not be appropriate for the Company to perform.
- Communicate customer complaints and assist in the resolution of or SCARs issued against Domaille Engineering for products within the Optical Product Line. Facilitate and monitor warranty returns.
- Track cost and schedule for product build and identify potential schedule, cost and quality concerns and solutions to team and/or management.
- Provide periodic feedback that accurately compares actual build costs to projected build costs.
- Provide input to management on changes required to ensure the success of future products and inventory management strategies including the use of the Preventive Action system to create continual improvement.
- Assists in growing market share by working with VP of Business Development to develop product sales strategies.
- Prepares short-term and long-term product sales forecasts.
- Facilitates inventory turnover and product availability (for sale or demonstration) by reviewing and adjusting inventory levels.
- Introduces and markets new products by developing sales and marketing strategies.
- Provide feedback to design engineering of any required changes that provide for cost reduction, scrap reduction, and continual process/product improvement. Lead appropriate Preventive Actions in this area for continual improvement.
- Demonstrate cooperation and teamwork with co-workers, management, and outside contacts.
- Promote a positive environment through what is said and by setting an example.
Education/Experience: Business or Marketing degree with an understanding of manufacturing
systems and 5 years of experience in product/project management or equivalent combination of
education and experience to be able to perform tasks satisfactorily. Experience navigating and
utilizing ERP system; including understanding of bill of materials structure and costing.
Skills: Project management skills demonstrating the ability to manage risk and resolve conflict.
Must have demonstrated ability to apply your knowledge of the product line in developing
customer solutions. Must be able to resolve manufacturing problems and troubleshoot as they
occur. Must be able to read and interpret manufacturing documents/drawings, be proficient in use
of Microsoft Office suite and have strong interpersonal, integration, business and technical skills.
Domaille Engineering provides an atmosphere where your creativity and skills will contribute to
the growth of the company and the advancement of the team. We offer a comprehensive benefits
package. To learn more about our products, services and company, visit our website
www.DomailleEngineering.com. You can also obtain our employment application under the
Careers section of our website.
Please email your resume and application to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
7100 Dresser Drive NE
Rochester, MN 55906
Attention: Alison Hicks