Imagine being part of a team that is fundamentally changing the way people communicate, the way they collaborate, the way they watch TV and explore the universe through the internet. Utilizing our uniquely differentiated technology, we have created a Intelligent Transport Network with more speed, capacity and scalability than ever before. Imagine a world with unlimited bandwidth. The network of tomorrow will allow for content and creativity limited only by the imaginations of its users. If this is something that interests you, that excites you, come take a look at a team not bound by large company obstacles and bureaucracy, where an idea today can be set in motion tomorrow. Come take a look at Infinera!
Infinera is seeking a Staff High-Speed Analog IC Design R&D Engineer to create innovative products in a fast-paced and collaborative team environment. The engineer will be hands-on with all phases of R&D including product definition, system analysis, circuit design, layout, verification, bring-up, DVT, qualification, test and production ramp-up. As a member of a vertically-integrated team, the engineer will be directly supporting system level customers and will be closely working with product, operations and reliability teams. The engineer must be an expert in high-speed analog circuit and system design and analysis. A demonstrated ability to synthesize compelling solutions from complex requirements while meeting product and operational constraints is critical. The self-motivated engineer must be able to anticipate problems and devise effective solutions. This is a high impact position with significant visibility.
- Responsible for all aspects of IC product development, including product definition, system analysis, circuit design, layout, verification, foundry compliance, bring-up, DVT, failure analysis, qualification, test, production ramp-up, release to manufacture and systems customer support.
- Work with cross-functional systems & design teams to define the IC products, ascertain design feasibility, assess process technology options and devise the IC electrical, thermal and reliability specifications.
- Key design responsibilities include ownership of blocks, subsystems and/or top level designs. The engineer will conduct high-speed analog circuit design, front-end verification plan development, simulation, layout and physical design verification. The engineer will ensure the designs meet electrical and thermal specifications, process variations, design rules as well as manufacturing, design-for-test and reliability guidelines.
- The engineer will work closely with verification, CAD, product and test engineering teams to devise and conduct DVT plans, characterization and compliance matrix evaluation, qualification, failure analysis and corrective action as well as yield analysis and optimization.
Minimum Expertise Requirements:
- The engineer must be an expert in high-speed analog IC design, analysis and techniques. The engineer must be an expert with broad-band MMIC & mm-wave IC design. The engineer must demonstrate superior critical thinking skills, problem solving capabilities and engineering judgment.
- Expertise with high-speed analog ICs for optical communications applications is required. Expertise with high-performance transceiver, data converter or frequency control architectures and circuits would be an asset.
- Expertise with InP/GaAs HBT/HEMT technologies is required. Expertise with SiGe BiCMOS technologies is required. Expertise with advanced CMOS technologies would be an asset.
- A deep understanding of broad-band circuit architectures is required. A deep understanding of amplifier design tradeoffs of gain, linearity, noise and power dissipation is required. A deep understanding of wideband multi-stage matching & amplifier stability is required. Expertise with travelling-wave amplifier architectures is required. A deep understanding of precision band-gap circuits, op-amps and biasing circuits is required.
- Expertise with design, analysis, modeling and measurement of IC transmission lines, inductors and other high-frequency passive structures is required.
- Expertise with front-end design tools for high-speed analog & mixed-signal circuit design, simulation and verification is required. Strong skills with harmonic balance simulation methods preferred. Strong skills with mixed-mode co-simulation preferred.
- A deep understanding of high-speed analog IC layout techniques is required. Strong skills with layout tools and LRC parasitic extraction tools required. Strong skills with physical verification tools preferred.
- Strong skills with device physics and impact on analog circuits and techniques to improve performance required.
- Strong skills with bipolar, CMOS, HEMT, passive structure and interconnect failure modes and methods to ascertain and improve reliability required. Familiarity with ESD/LU design techniques would be an asset.
- Strong skills with laboratory methods, techniques, equipment and evaluation of high-speed analog ICs required. Strong skills with debug, DVT, failure analysis and qualification (HTOL/ESD/LU) required. Familiarity with ATE production flows would be an asset. Familiarity with DFT methods to improve ATE efficiency would be an asset. Familiarity with ATE yield and failure Pareto analysis required.
- Familiarity with VerilogA and CAD scripting languages (Skill, python, shell scripts) would be an asset.
- Familiarity with statistical analysis would be an asset. Proficiency with several SW languages (Visual Basic.NET, C, C++, MATLAB, python, shell scripts) would be an asset.
- BS 8+ years – MS/PhD preferred
- MS 5+ years
- PhD 3+ years
Minimum Experience Requirements:
- The engineer must have specified, designed, verified, characterized, qualified, ramped to production and introduced to market at least 2-3 high-speed analog designs including key blocks, subsystems and/or top level.
- The engineer must be a team player who can participate in a fast-paced and collaborative team environment.
- Strong time management and project management skills are required. Detail oriented with all aspects of technical work. Experienced with engineering documentation and control processes, version control processes, bug tracking.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
Infinera is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled.