Molex, Optical Solutions, Carlsbad CA
Position Overview: Molex is seeking a dynamic and proactive Advanced Quality Planning Engineer supporting the product design. Facilitate the Advance Quality Planning tools, manage and mitigate project risk, manage customer initial requirements, audit NPI projects , early involvement/ collaboration with final manufacturing location, facilitate training, share best practices/ lessons learned, NPI complaint investigation: collect all documents and in-process records, post mortem review, ensure effective implementation of control plan for NPI shipments, supplier development and management, facilitate closed-loop improvement in Product Development Process, qualify process at NPI facility and at production location, manage first trial runs at customer (CM) Someone in this role:
- Facilitates and provides expertise in the development of FMEA's, Control Plans, Qualification Plans, etc., in new product development and product changes.
- Performs statistical analysis for the qualification, control, and continuous improvement of processes, products, and equipment for electromechanical components and systems.
- Develops Quality System for new products and product changes including the development of inspection methods, inspection equipment, and inspection frequency.
- Completes customer required documentation relating to customer acceptance of new products and product changes.
- Reviews and approves supplier documentation on new and revised purchased components.
- Provides technical support, documentation and guidance on new products to New Product Introduction Assembly Department, inspection lab and manufacturing plants.
Leads development team in finding root cause and developing corrective action for New Product QNs and supports efforts for systemic improvements of AQP Processes to reduce New Products QNs.