Join Infinera OME team responsible for developing and designing high speed Boards for fiber optic systems. Will be responsible for design, test, validation and release to production Printed Circuit Boards containing digital and mixed signal circuits for deployment into the telecommunications market. Duties may also include existing product engineering support and documentation.
· Responsible for PCBA design and this include: schematics capture, drive PCB placement and layout.
· Drive designs from conceptual work, architecture requirements, functional specification, design, prototype, H/W bring up and verification
· Work closely with Mechanical Engineer and FPGA designer.
· Support product through pre & post production release.
· Develop and execute DVT plans to ensure high-reliability in field deployment.
· Define production test and provide manufacturing support as necessary.
· Work closely with Diagnostics and software developers to define bring-up and debug requirements
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· MS/BSEE and minimum of 10 years’ experience with board level hardware design, including strong knowledge of schematic capture, PCB layout, logic & signal integrity.
· Knowledge of Cadence Concept is not essential but considered a plus.
· Solid experience in microprocessor & digital circuit design, implementation of high speed I/O and clock termination techniques required.
· Good Knowledge of ARM based dual core processor platform (Xilinx Zynq family or similar).
· Knowledge of optical components (Lasers, VOAs, MPDs) and analog circuits (ADC, DAC, Opamp) is a plus.
· Ability to design HW control circuits for EDFA pumps and VOAs.
· Ability to design power monitoring circuit to detect low optical power in noisy environment.
· Working experience with Xilinx FPGA; Defining pin- out and provide requirement for FPGA designers.
· Good understanding of Telecom standards for SONET and Ethernet Protocols.
· Experience with implementation of on board power converters, dc-dc step-up, buck and linear regulators.
· Knowledge of power sequencing, clock skew control / compensation.
· Knowledge of PCB fabrication, fab & assembly design rules, product integration with mechanical components.
· Good writing and communication skills required.
Internal Number: 2017812
Imagine being part of a team that is fundamentally changing the way people communicate, the way they collaborate, the way they watch TV and explore the universe through the internet. Utilizing our uniquely differentiated technology, we have created an Intelligent Transport Network with more speed, capacity and scalability than ever before. Imagine a world with unlimited bandwidth. The network of tomorrow will allow for content and creativity limited only by the imaginations of its users.
If this is something that interests you, that excites you, come take a look at a team not bound by large company obstacles and bureaucracy, where an idea today can be set in motion tomorrow. Come take a look at Infinera