• Primary design and verification responsibility for the Design and Development of Fiber Optic Transceivers. This includes simulation, modeling, analysis, design and characterization of optical and electrical performance.
• Part of multi-disciplinary engineering team taking optical transceiver products from conception to manufacturing.
• Demonstrated electronic design capability.
• Experience in designing electrical circuits, including understanding of circuit theory, linear system theory, feedback systems, with background in circuits such as switching power supplies and data conversion.
• Expertise in RF design, including using modeling tools such as HFSS.
• Experience with full range of electronic CAD tools and system modeling.
• Understanding of microprocessors and real time control firmware.
• Strong laboratory measurement skills.
• Skills in developing Fiber Optic transceivers a plus.
• Background in ESD, EMI, RFI, NEBS and product safety design, qualification and test a plus.
• Familiarity with Product Development methodology from concept, through design, to manufacturing desired.
• The candidate should have a M.S. degree (Ph.D. a plus) and minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
Internal Number: 6014
Finisar is the world's largest supplier of optical communication products. For nearly three decades, we have led the industry in creating and delivering break-through optics technology and world-class products that improve the way we communicate. Join us.