The Customer Advocacy Engineer is responsible for providing serviceability requirements to provide product quality enhancements and improving the serviceability, handling and troubleshooting for Infinera products. The position works cross functionally with Customer Account Teams, Product Line Management (PLM), Product Architecture and Engineering to help develop, document and enhance capabilities and quality of Infinera products worldwide through the Product Lifecycle Process (PLP).
As a member of Infinera's Service Technical Operations team, you are responsible for support of Infinera's product line, such as: GX series, DTNX-X, Cloud Express, Metro DWDM, Metro Ethernet, Packet Optical
Essential Functions and Key Responsibilities:
• Generate and drive product Serviceability Requirements based on internal and external customer feedback with Product Line Management & Engineering • Act as the customer advocate in cross functional meetings to provide feedback with goal to enhance quality of Infinera optical products • Investigate integration of Infinera’s line system with 3rd party optical equipment • Maintain consistent product feedback loop to internal teams
• Drive customer escalations to resolution with Engineering • Lead and assist in early optical product demos, lab trials and field trials
• Assist with pre-production field issues and assist with testing in the lab
“Some travel will be required”
Education & Experience Necessary For Success:
Prior experience with long haul or metro optical networks required • Experience with SLTE networks is highly desired
• Practical knowledge of Ethernet, SONET/SDH, DWDM and OTN • Experience with optical test sets and solid optical troubleshooting skills using OTDR, OSA, BERT, optical power meters etc. • Hands-on testing experience with ROADM, EDFA, Raman amplifiers and coherent transponders • Knowledge in TCP/IP networking, L2/L3 routing and switching • Prior system test, scripting and/or new product introduction experience required • Extensive experience with traffic generators and network protocols analysis tools • Strong problem solving skills, applicable to large and complex network scenarios • Experience with creating PowerPoint presentations for customer consumption • Highly detail-oriented, excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
• B.S./M.S. in Electrical Engineering 10+ years of experience or • Ph.D. in Engineering + 5 years of experience
Infinera is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled.
Internal Number: 202183
Infinera is the global supplier of innovative networking solutions. Our customers include the leading service providers, data center operators, internet content providers (ICPs), cable operators, enterprises, and government agencies worldwide, including 9 of the top 10 Tier 1 service providers and 6 of the top 7 ICPs. We design, develop and deliver hardware and software for fiber-based connectivity solutions that span access, aggregation, metro, long haul, and submarine network. Our industry-leading, trendsetting edge-to-core solutions provide the foundation for many of the world’s largest and most demanding networks that generate billions in service revenue for our customers.
Imagine being part of a team that is fundamentally changing the way people communicate, the way they collaborate, the way they watch TV and explore the universe through the internet. Utilizing our uniquely differentiated technology, we have created an Intelligent Transport Network with more speed, capacity and scalability than ever before. Imagine a world with unlimited bandwidth. The network of tomorrow will allow for content and creativity limited only by the imaginations of its users.
If this is some...thing that interests you, that excites you, come take a look at a team not bound by large company obstacles and bureaucracy, where an idea today can be set in motion tomorrow. Come take a look at Infinera!