Implements, oversees, and adapts policies and programs to enhance the organization's environmental and safety performance, ensures it complies with federal, state, and local regulations and standards. Maintain a safe working environment by engaging with employees and management to gather and analyze accident and near-miss information, to identify root causes and implement preventative initiatives. In addition, the position is responsible for developing safety training programs by creating and implementing the company's safety program policies and procedures for projects.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally, 5-7 years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 2-4 years of experience in a related field.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
5+ years’ leadership/managerial experience within the Health and Safety function.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
· Interacts with regulatory agencies as it relates to citations, notices of violation, informal conferences, appeals, submittals, permit renewals, inspections, and corrective actions
· Strategic development of trend analyses and metrics reports for the facility to decrease injury rates and improve compliance
· Development and implementation of processes that improve the effectiveness of the EHS programs
· Conduct root cause investigations of all OSHA recordable injuries and near misses
· Cost Conscious and works within an approved budget and develop and implement cost saving measures
· Develop, review and revise Safety policies in compliance with changing or new regulations
· Counsel and assist management with safety related prevention and/or concerns.
· Utilize outside resources to monitor issues and concerns in OSHA regulations and communicate potential changes to senior management.
Anticipate, identify, and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices. Identify, monitor, evaluate and track all safety activities through audits and statistical analysis from detailed record keeping. Provide expertise and advice on EHS issues to area managers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
Communication: Oral & Written. Capacity to interact with multiple levels of management within organization
Strong planning and organization skills
Ability to work effectively, efficiently, and independently, in addition to being a valuable team member
Internal Number: #21-043
OFS is a world-leading designer, manufacturer and provider of optical fiber, fiber optic cable, connectivity, fiber-to-the-subscriber (FTTX) and specialty photonics products. We provide reliable, cost-effective solutions for a broad range of applications including telecommunications, medicine, industrial automation, sensing, government, aerospace and defense. These products help our customers meet the needs of consumers and businesses, both today and into the future.
Headquartered in Norcross (near Atlanta) Georgia, U.S.A., OFS is a global provider with facilities in China, Denmark, Germany, Russia and the United States. OFS is part of Furukawa Electric Company, a multi-billion dollar leader in optical communications.
Please visit www.ofsoptics.com.